08/05/14

© Refik Anadol | The Museum of Innocence, Istanbul

"The habit of collecting, of attachment to things, is an essential human trait. But Western civilization put collecting on a pedestal by inventing museums. Museums are about representing power. It could be the king's power or, later, people's power. (...) My point is that, whatever a life is made of, its dreams and disappointments, is worth taking pride in. 
In building my own museum in Istanbul, I am very close to my character Kemal. I don't want to exhibit power but express my interiority, my spirit. A museum should not be flags-signs and symbols of power-but intimate works of art. It should express the spirituality of the collector."

Orhan Pamuk, in A museum for person, not for power - aqui.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário